EVRAZ uses various communication channels to ensure that its stakeholder engagement approach covers all stakeholder groups and facilitates two-way communication and feedback.
The executive team is responsible for the day-to-day stewardship of all stakeholder relationships and its members report to the Board on the key metrics and initiatives. The Board, either directly or through its committees, engages or oversees engagement with the Company’s stakeholders through a number of governance activities (which are described in more detail, along with further information about the Company’s engagement with key stakeholders, at the Annual remuneration report).
Engagement with the following stakeholder groups is primarily undertaken by management through the engagement mechanisms set out below. Key issues are reported to the Board via management’s monthly Board Report.
- Regularly monitoring customer satisfaction levels
- Meetings and feedback sessions with clients and EVRAZ management
- Electronic platform for clients
- Site visits to production assets
Suppliers and contractors
- Discussions with potential suppliers
- Electronic platform for suppliers
- Educational programmes for contractors to ensure high level of workplace safety
- Implementing various social, infrastructural and environmental projects based on local communities’ needs
- Organising social events for populations of regions where EVRAZ operates
- Holding direct dialogues with local communities
Government and regulatory authorities
- Regular meetings with representatives of government and regulatory authorities at federal, regional and local levels
- Disclosure of information concerning the Group’s social, economic and environmental performance
- Agreements on regional socio-economic development
- Hosting regular press conferences
- Supporting and initiating mutual communication projects.
- Supporting regional TV channels and newspapers.
- Organising site visits.
- Day-to-day and ad-hoc engagement.
- Organising and participating in conferences, as well as other industry events
- Initiating and supporting various social, economic, educational and environmental projects