EVRAZ environmental strategy until 2030 sets ambitious goals to reduce the negative impact on the environment, which meets the expectations of investors and the society.
- Reduce specific Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions from EVRAZ's Steel segments (the Steel and North America segments) by 20%, which complies with the Paris Agreement.
- Utilise 75% of methane (CH4) emitted in the process of degassing carried out during coal mining.
- Reduce total atmospheric emissions from steel production by 33%.
- Reduce dust emissions from coal mining by 1.5 times.
- Zero water discharge from steel production.
- Utilise 95% of waste from metal production and general waste.
- Recycle 50% of mining waste.
Social and community matters
EVRAZ strives to adhere to international corporate social responsibility principles by making a meaningful contribution to local economies and supporting communities wherever it operates. Everywhere the Group operates, it seeks to build sustainable, positive partnerships with local governments and non-government organisations, as well as with business, media and other partners.